We are the Chapter of the Autism Society of Washington serving the Southwest region of Washington State. Our purpose is to provide support and resources to individuals and families affected by Autism Spectrum Disorder.
We would love to get to know you and learn how we can help you get connected and find resources to meet your needs. Please visit this website for more information on meetings, special events, and announcements.
ASW Annual Meeting and Miscellaneous Fall Events
ASW’s 2013 Annual Meeting and Conference
Featured topic: Safety and Vulnerability
Saturday, November 9, 2013
9:00 am – 4:30 pm
Red Lion Conference Center, Olympia, WA
Keynote speaker is Scott Badesch, President/CEO of the Autism Society of America: The Challenges in Effectively Addressing the Needs of all Impacted by Autism
For more information on speakers and the Bullying panel, visit our website www.autismsocietyofwa.org or call (360) 515-8910.
SAVE THE DATE FOR FALL EVENTS:
* October 13: 2nd Annual Sensory Friendly Pumpkin Patch, noon-5:00pm, 7400 NE 139th St., Vancouver WA, 98662. Admission is $10 per child and includes a personal size pumpkin, fun in the haunted house and a visit with the Mountain Peaks Therapy Llamas. Live music performed by Known As Anonymous. Sponsored by Save the Sensory Camp http://www.sensorycamp.org/ Flyer here.
* October 15: The Misunderstood Child: Understanding Sensory Processing Disorder, 6:00-8:30pm, Evergreen School District Administration Center, 13501 NE 28th St., Vancouver. Sharron Donnelly, MS, OTR/L presents and shares tools for parents, professionals, and caregivers. Free. To register by phone, call 503-215-2429 or 800-833-8899 ext 52429. Flyer here.
* October 15: Social Security 101 Family Transition Training (Basics), 6:00-8:00pm, ESD112 2500 NE 65th Ave, Vancouver, WA 98661. Free to families; clock hours available. See http://www.gowise.org/family-training-series for more information, or contact Jaimie Laitinen email@example.com & phone (206) 343-0881 ext 114.
* October 16: Social Security 201 Family Transition Training (Diving Deeper), 6:00-8:00pm, ESD112 2500 NE 65th Ave, Vancouver, WA 98661. Free to families; clock hours available. See http://www.gowise.org/family-training-series for more information, or contact Jaimie Laitinen firstname.lastname@example.org & phone (206) 343-0881 ext 114.
* October 17: Evergreen School District Special Ed Roundtable, hosted by Parents of students in Evergreen School District and joined by Evergreen Public School Special Education Staff and Administration, 6:30pm, Innovative Services NW, 9414 NE Fourth Plain Vancouver, WA.
* October 18 (and third Fridays monthly, plus quarterly events): Autism Empowerment hosts SW WA Dads’ Support Group, 7:00-9:00pm, Lifepoint Church (near eastside Costco), 305 NE 192nd Avenue, Vancouver, Room 201, park in back. Snacks and drinks provided. Questions: John Krejcha (360-852-8369, email@example.com) or Joel Dodge (360-608-1367, firstname.lastname@example.org).
* October 25: Swindells presents Multiple Portraits: One Child, a presentation, panel, and resource fair for families with co-occurring mental health and DD diagnoses, 9:00am- 3:00pm, Providence Cancer Center Amphitheater 4805 NE Glisan St. Portland, OR. Register at www.providence.org/classes by clicking on “online class catalog” and search by class name for “Swindells Center–Multiple Portraits–Portland.” To register by phone, call 503-215-2429 or 800-833-8899, ext 52429. Spanish registration and interpretation services are available; please call 503-574-6595 before Oct. 11. Limited child care is available for this event; call 503-215-5500 to reserve child care. Flyer here.
* November 4: SEPTSA general meeting and Inclusion guest speaker Abby Braithwaite, Roosevelt Elementary 6:00pm. Other SEPTSA general meetings to calendar: January 6, March 3, May 5. Visit SEPTSA on Facebook and join the email list for updates SEPTSAinfo@gmail.com.
* November 7: PAVE training on behaviors and writing behavior plans, 6:30-8:30pm, Arc Building, 6511 NE 18th St., Vancouver. Contact Melinda Thompson 360-852-0257 to RSVP.